The Department performs a full range of measurements of radiation parameters regulated by the applicable legislation and regulatory documents:
- Monitoring the equivalent dose rate.
- Monitoring flux density of alpha-, beta-particles.
- Determination of radon and thoron daughter products in air.
- Determination of radon content in water.
- Survey of sites for building residential houses and buildings.
- Industrial radiation control of scrap metal.
- Assessment of solid fuel (coal) radioactivity.
- Monitoring radiation situation when working with sources of ionizing radiation and in conditions of a radiation accident.
- Measurement of contamination levels on working surfaces, in equipment, vehicles, personal protection equipment, on skin cover, personnel’s clothes with radioactive substances.
- Development of protective measures aimed at reduction of the effective gamma-dose rate and radon entering premises.
- Development of industrial radiation control system.
Monitoring of X-ray equipment operating parameters implies measurements of key operating parameters for X-ray diagnostic units in order to reveal non-conformity of working characteristics resulting in poorer image quality and patients overexposure. Each research is conducted using up-to-date measuring facilities and test-objects conforming to all of the technical and regulatory requirements. The laboratory controls operating parameters of medical X-ray machines of different type and purpose used in medical institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Monitoring of personal protection equipment.
- Dosimetric monitoring at workplaces.
- Estimation of radiation protection for therapy and roentgen diagnostics rooms.
Individual dosimetric monitoring is carried out for personnel working with sources of ionizing radiation in:
- mining, oil and gas producing enterprises;
- organizations engaged in disposal and transportation of radioactive waste;
- enterprises that carry out radiation hazardous operations such as X-ray radiological medical rooms, civil defense and emergency subdivisions, customs and roads committees.
The inspection team for individual doses have at their disposal up-to-date equipment that allows registration of not only the effective dose but also equivalent doses received by skin and lens.